Within each of us there is a silence
—a silence as vast as a universe.
We are afraid of it…and we long for it" - Gunilla Norris: "The Importance of Shared Silence".
How much silence do we truly have in our lives? Our silent day retreat allows us to rest from the busyness in our everyday lives. Silence gives our minds and bodies a chance to recuperate and settle. We can take away the worrying about what to say and ho to say it, and enjoy the peace that this can bring.
The retreat will includes some teachings, some guided meditations and some movement - either inside, or if the weather is kind to us - outside.
A vegetarian lunch and tea and coffee will be provided.
The cost of the day is £55. For concessions (OAPS and students) this price is £44. Please only select this rate if you fall into one of these categories. Please don't let cost put you off, I am able to offer subsidised places - contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
Yoga mats, meditation cushions, chairs and some blankets will be provided. You may wish to bring your own blanket for additional comfort, and bring along thicker socks or slippers as we will have our shoes off. People sometimes find a notebook helpful, for personal journaling throughout the day.
Please feel free to email me with any questions - email@example.com - if you book directly through me, you'll avoid the booking fee via eventbrite.
• I have had the most peaceful day and learned so much
• A positive day, which helps rejuvenate mind and body
• Thank you for a really enjoyable day and creating such a friendly, welcoming environment for us to enjoy our day
• I would highly recommend Susie’s retreats as a safe space to take your mindfulness practice further
• A very warm space to connect with one’s self and others and take time to stand back
• The perfect introduction to mindfulness with a teacher with a lovely energy
• It was great to be away from the busyness of everyday life